Thank you for your interest in the Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program through the East Aurora School District. The UPK program is a special program funded by the New York State Education Department. The primary purpose of our UPK program is to provide four-year-old children with the opportunity to access high quality programs that will help prepare them for future success.
Important Update: The registration period for the 2022-2023 school year is closed. The lottery took place at the beginning of April and families have been notified via mail of their child's placement.
There is a waitlist for the 2022-2023 school year. If you wish for your child's name to be added to this list, please contact Erin Jamesson at (716) 687-2320 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the waitlist is quite long based on the number of applicants.
- The UPK program is limited to children who will be four years old on or before December 1st, 2022
- You must be a legal resident of the East Aurora Union Free School District.
- The program is a full-day program and will run five (5) days a week.
- The program will follow the school district calendar, with an anticipated 180 days of student attendance.
- Transportation to and from the program will be provided.
- Three (3) UPK classes will be held at Parkdale Elementary.
- There is limited availability for the program based on grant-funding. The district is anticipating 54 available slots for the 2022-2023 school year. If more children apply than there are available slots, the district will hold a computerized random selection process (i.e. drawing names randomly in a lottery format).
- There is no wrap-around childcare provided by Parkdale Elementary.
- Families of multiples will have one application per family for the East Aurora UPK program. If a family of multiples is drawn during the lottery, all children will be offered a UPK slot, except in the following case: a family of multiples is drawn when there are not enough remaining slots available for all eligible children (for example, a family with twins is the 54th name drawn in the lottery). In such situations, the family will have the opportunity to accept or decline the UPK slot. The remaining multiple(s) will be placed on the waitlist for the next available UPK slot.
- Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.