8th Grade United States History
Necessary Supplies: These items need to be brought to class everyday:
- Large 3 Ring Binder (at least 2 inches)
- 6 dividers for your binder
- Pens and a #2 pencil for tests
Grading Policy: Grades will be calculated using a point-based system
- In class quizzes: 10 points
- Homework: 5-10 points
- Chapter Tests: 100 points: failing test grades require corrections for all questions missed
- Document-Based and Thematic Essays: 100 points
- Daily homework assignments can not be made up.
- Late essays/projects will be deducted by 20 points per day. E-mail essays if your printer is broken.
- If absent, you must show completed homework during the next day for credit.
- If absent, you must make up missed quizzes on your own time
- It is your responsibility to get any handouts for the day(s) you missed and any notes missed from a classmate.
- If you are absent the day of the test, you are expected to take it the day you return during class. In cases of extended absences, please see me to make arrangements.
- It is your responsibility to make up quizzes on your own time either before or after school.
- All East Aurora School Rules are in effect and will be followed during the class period.
- If a student’s behavior is disruptive to the educational process a verbal warning will be given.
- A second disruption during the period or a continuation of disruptive behavior will result in assigning that student the next day and a phone call to their parents or guardians.
- As a last resort, disciplinary action will include the administration
Cell phones & MP3 Players:
- If a student has a cell phone or MP3 Player in class, it will be confiscated and be given to the office for parents/guardians to pick up at the end of the day.