In Practical English, we will be learning to improve our reading and comprehension skills, writing skills, as well as speaking and listening skills. Our year will be divided into several different units, in which the following skills will be taught and practiced:
- Active Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Main Ideas and Details
- Written responses citing text evidence
- Paragraph writing using the RADeDe format
- Reading Novels such as "A Long Walk to Water" and "Number the Stars"
- Researching a topic and writing a short story