Global Leadership Academy
Exploring Critical World Issues and Finding Solutions Together
As the globe shrinks, citizens of the world are required to have a greater global awareness and understanding of the connectedness of the people and places of the world. The Global Leadership Academy (GLA) is an integrated program linking Literature from around the world, Advanced Placement World History, and leadership skills for the new millennium. It is designed to:
- enable students to work individually and in groups to promote global awareness, and
- develop leadership skills within a cultural context, and
- encourage international partnerships. As global events take on local importance, this program will develop students that are engaged, aware of, and comfortable in a globalized environment.
Courses of Study
The program runs over two years.
In the first year of the GLA program, students will take:
- Global Explorations in Literature I
- Leadership Skills for Global Relations I [half year]
- Studio in Global Art I [half year]
In the second year of the International Studies program, students will take:
- Advanced Placement World History*(Studies in Global Cultures II)
- GLA Global Explorations in Literature II
- Leadership Development for Global Advancement [Half year]
- Studio in Global Art II [half year]
*Advanced Placement World History will receive a weighted grade of 1.05
Students interested in this program should have an overall average of 85 or higher in English 8 and Social Studies 8.
For more information about the program, please download the information guide and the application, or contact the high school.