2019 FALL SPORT INFORMATIONclick link aboveThe following forms are required to begin a fall sport. Deposit forms in the box in the high school main office no earlier than 30 days before the first practice for your sport but no later than a week prior to the first practice. Forms submitted after the deadline may not be processed in time to begin on the first day. DO NOT MAIL IN PAPERWORK!!! The main office is typically staffed over the summer Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 2:30 pm. Phone number is 687-2500 to confirm office hours on any given day.
- Extracurricular Eligibility Rules & Permission Form (required for all athletes)
Fall sports start on the following:JV & Varsity sports start on Monday, Aug. 19th7-8-9 boys volleyball starts on Monday Aug. 26th (at Holland)7-8-9 field hockey starts on Monday, Aug. 26thModified cross country starts on Monday, Aug. 26thBoys' & Girls' Modified soccer starts on Wednesday, Sep. 4thGirls' Modified volleyball starts on Wednesday, Sep. 4th (subject to change)High School Fall sports offered:
- Health Appraisal Form (only for athletes using a personal doctor for their sport physical)
- J.V. Football- coach Chris Cummins
- Varsity Football- coach John Swiniuch
- Cheerleading- coach Kristin Wach
- Boys' & Girls' Cross Country- Coach Walt McLaughlin
- Girls' Varsity Field Hockey- coach Ashley Daigler
- Golf- coach Jay Hoagland
- Boys' J.V. Soccer- coach Mike Schermerhorn
- Boys' Varsity Soccer- coach Kevin Beale
- Girls' J.V. Soccer- coach Tracy Rabey
- Girls' Varsity Soccer- coach Craig Polston
- Girls' Tennis- coach Matt Thormahlen
- Girls' J.V. Volleyball- coach Stacey Sonner
- Girls' Varsity Volleyball- coach Rebecca Jacobs
- Boys' JV Volleyball- coach tbd
- Boys' Varsity Volleyball- coach Brian Lombardo
- Girls' Swimming- coach Art Aungst
Modified Fall sports offered:
- Boys' & Girls' Cross Country- coach Paul Rakoski
- Girls' 7-8-9 Field Hockey- coach Cassie Gallegos
- Boys' Soccer- coach Kevin Weigel
- Girls' Soccer- coach Rebecca Durant
- Boys' 7-8-9 volleyball (at Holland)- coach Andrew Ranic
- Girls' Volleyball- coach tbd
Physicals: All athletes must have a current physical to participate. Physicals are valid for 12 months. Physicals were given in school during the spring. Make-up physicals are currently scheduled for Aug. 5th and Aug. 12th from 9 am - 10 am in the high school health office. No appointment is necessary.
Health Appraisal Forms: Students having their personal doctor perform the physical examination should submit a health appraisal form completed and signed by their family physician. These forms are available via this link. These forms must be approved by the school physician/school nurse after the personal physician’s approval and prior to participation. Attach this form to the Extracurricular Eligibility Rules & Permission form and submit as described below.
EAHS Extracurricular Eligibility Rules & Permission forms (which are sent home with students in the spring) with the 30-day update section completed and dated no earlier than 30 days prior to the first day of practice must be submitted to the high school main office. If the form is lost during the summer, or the student never received one, you may obtain additional blank forms in the high school main office or via this link. Complete sections I,II, III & IV and submit the form no earlier than 30 days prior to the start of practice. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL PERMISSION FORMS TO THE SCHOOL. The deadline to submit permission forms is one week prior to the start of your season. Permission forms submitted after this deadline may not be processed in time to begin participation on the first day of practice.Emergency (yellow) cards: Yellow cards must be submitted to the coach on the first day of practice. Blank cards are available in the nurse’s office. During the summer, blank yellow cards are available in the high school main office.
Academic Eligibility: Any student failing two or more subjects at the 35-week point and 2 or more for the year will be ineligible to participate for the first five-weeks of school. If a student is failing one or less subjects at that time, he/she may return. Do remember that there are a number of practices required to play in a game. If a team made cuts at the beginning of the season, a student cannot try-out in October.Commitment/Dedication: Athletes are expected to begin practicing on the first day of practice and be in attendance at all practices and contests unless unforeseen circumstances arise. Any team may need to make cuts and these will be done within the first three days of practice. Even if a team is not making cuts (and that won’t be known until the first day of practice) athletes are expected to be at practice beginning on the first day. There will be Saturday practices or contests on many or all weekends.