2020 FALL SPORT INFORMATIONFirst Day Practice Info Link(link will be active as information becomes available)Fall sports start on the following:JV & Varsity sports start on Monday, Aug. 24th7-8-9 boys volleyball starts on Monday Aug. (at Holland)7-8-9 field hockey starts on Monday, Aug. 31stModified cross country starts on Monday, Aug. 31stBoys' & Girls' Modified soccer starts on Wednesday, Sep.Girls' Modified volleyball starts on Tuesday, Sep.
East Aurora will now be using ONLINE REGISTRATION for sport sign-ups. The online registration process MUST BE COMPLETED BY a PARENT/GUARDIAN and should be viewed and discussed with the student-athlete. Please complete the registration with the student-athlete present as the athlete will also need to sign the registration electronically.*APP NOTICE: 7th/8th-grade students who are challenging to play up at the high school level must apply for the Athletic Placement Process (link to the left). Deadline for applications is --------!
2020 Fall Sports Registration Dates:
JV/Varsity & APP sport registration will open on July 24th
Modified sport registration will open on July 31st
Link will be activated once registration opens. If you need help with the process, CLICK HERE to view instructions.
PLEASE REVIEW the information below before continuing to registration.
Physical ExaminationHigh School Fall sports offered:
- J.V. Football- coach Chris Cummins
- Varsity Football- coach John Swiniuch
- Cheerleading- coach Kristin Wach
- Boys' & Girls' Cross Country- Coach Walt McLaughlin
- Girls' Varsity Field Hockey- coach Ashley Daigler
- Golf- coach Jay Hoagland
- Boys' J.V. Soccer- coach Mike Schermerhorn
- Boys' Varsity Soccer- coach Kevin Beale
- Girls' J.V. Soccer- coach Tracy Rabey
- Girls' Varsity Soccer- coach Craig Polston
- Girls' Tennis- coach Matt Thormahlen
- Girls' J.V. Volleyball- coach Stacey Sonner
- Girls' Varsity Volleyball- coach Rebecca Jacobs
- Boys' JV Volleyball- coach tbd
- Boys' Varsity Volleyball- coach Brian Lombardo
- Girls' Swimming- coach Art Aungst
Modified Fall sports offered:
- Boys' & Girls' Cross Country- coach Paul Rakoski
- Girls' 7-8-9 Field Hockey- coach Cassie Gallegos
- Boys' Soccer- coach Kevin Weigel
- Girls' Soccer- coach
- Boys' 7-8-9 volleyball (at Holland)- coach Andrew Ranic
- Girls' Volleyball- Jessica Herraez
Physicals: Students registering for Athletics must have a current physical examination on file before the student is authorized to participate in practice/tryouts.
Physicals are valid for 12 months from the date of the last exam. Physicals by the school physician will be given in August.
Students having their personal doctor perform the physical examination should submit to the health office a health appraisal form completed by their family physician. This form is available in the health office or via download during the registration process or via this link.Emergency (yellow) cards: Yellow cards must be submitted to the coach on the first day of practice. Blank cards are available in the nurse’s office. During the summer, blank yellow cards are available in the high school main office.
Academic Eligibility: Any student failing two or more subjects at the 35-week point and 2 or more for the year will be ineligible to participate for the first five-weeks of school. If a student is failing one or less subjects at that time, he/she may return. Do remember that there are a number of practices required to play in a game. If a team made cuts at the beginning of the season, a student cannot try-out in October.Commitment/Dedication: Athletes are expected to begin practicing on the first day of practice and be in attendance at all practices and contests unless unforeseen circumstances arise. Any team may need to make cuts and these will be done within the first three days of practice. Even if a team is not making cuts (and that won’t be known until the first day of practice) athletes are expected to be at practice beginning on the first day. There will be Saturday practices or contests on many or all weekends.