EAST AURORA UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT
RULES FOR BUS RIDERS
I PREFACE Transportation to and from school and sponsored activities is a privilege. School authorities can deny this privilege for a period of time to any child who is disorderly or insubordinate. These rules have been formulated in the interest of the safety of all of our children. Therefore, the school expects to receive parental student cooperation at all times. Bus riders are expected to respect the rights and property of others. II BOARDING AND LEAVING BUSES
- Pupils are to be at appointed bus stops 5 to 10 minutes prior to arrival of the bus. The bus will not wait for late comers.
- Pupils are to wait at bus stops in a quiet and orderly manner. They must be considerate of the property of others, particularly if the bus stop is a location other than their own house.
- Pupils may not attempt to board or leave a bus which is in motion.
- Pupils who must cross a street before boarding or after leaving a bus must:
- Wait for a signal from the bus driver before starting across the street.
- Walk at least 10 feet in front of the bus.
- Never cross behind the bus.
III WHILE ON THE BUS
- Pupils must remain seated at all times.
- Pupils must not place any part of their bodies outside of bus windows.
- Pupils must be reasonably quiet and orderly. Shouting and loud noises are not permitted.
- Instructions of the bus driver must be obeyed.
- Food or beverages may not be consumed on the bus.
- Smoking on the bus is not permitted.
In order that the District may be accountable for the location and safety of children using the school transportation system, all bus route assignments must be consistent; that is, students may not ride one bus route one day, a second bus route the next day and so on.
- Bulky packages, large musical instruments, or potentially dangerous objects may not be brought onto a bus.
- Pupils residing within walking limits may not ride the bus.
- In accordance with the Board of Education policy, no student may ride any bus other than that to which he has been assigned.
- Once a child has been assigned to a bus route from home or child care to school in the morning and vice-versa at the end of the school day, requests for changes in bus routes will not be approved.
e. These rules apply equally to regular school transportation, field trips, team trips, corrective buses and spectator buses, whether furnished by the school or under charter to a school organization.
Last Modified on February 10, 2016