Resources for Researching Constitutional Amendments
- Look in 342 through 351 for books on the Constitution and court cases
- Search the online catalog for a particular amendment or court case
Subscription Databases and Online Books
Use passwords located when you sign into the library website.
ProQuest SIRS Government Reporter --> Search for your amendment (e.g. first amendment)Gale Virtual Reference LibrarySearch using the word for your amendmentGale World History in ContextSearch using the word for your amendment
- ABC-CLIO American Government
- ABC-CLIO American History
- CRS Annotated Constitution (Cornell University Law School)(includes info on all amendments, with annotations regarding history) http://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/
- US Constitutional Amendment (Findlaw)- includes annotations and links to scholarly commentary and court tests
- National Constitution Center: Explore the Constitution(especially helpful for locating info on Bill of Rights)
- Digital History Landmark Court Decisions- Use this site to search for the text of specific court cases
- Historic Supreme Court Decisions by Topic- Use this site to search for the issues covered in your amendment or by amendment and get text of court cases.
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/supct/cases/topic.htmSearch the blog for information on your amendment. Use number.history.house.gov/HistoricalHighlight/Search