Algebra 2 Common Core
East Aurora High School – Course Syllabus
Instructor: Alathia Yuhnke E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Description of Course:
Students who have successfully completed Algebra I and Geometry may consider taking this course. This course includes a review of topics from Algebra I and new topics may include complex numbers, conic sections, polynomial functions, logarithms, data analysis and probability.
Possible follow up courses include: Precalculus and AP STATS
Prerequisites: Algebra I Common Core and Geometry Common Core
2) Binder (2 in) - to keep chapter packets, loose-leaf paper and graded assignments.
3) Lots of Loose-leaf lined paper
4) Calculator. (TI-84 CE)
**Must have supplies by September 8th we will be using it in class everyday.
- Class starts as soon as the bell rings. At this time, you should be in your seat starting on the Problem of the Day, and checking nightly homework. Class is over when I dismiss you, not when the bell rings.
- Come to class prepared. You will need to bring your CHARGED COMPUTER, NOTE PACKET, WRITING UTENSIL, and GRAPHING CALCULATOR to class with you every day!
- Get water and use the bathroom before class, not during class.
- You are expected not to talk while I am speaking or interrupt while other people are speaking.
- **You are expected to use pencil and show work for all graded assignments, tests and quizzes.
- Help your fellow classmates in a positive way that will benefit their learning. Come to class with a positive attitude and be willing to help those around you.
- Ask questions and talk to me about concerns you have.
- Cheating will NOT be tolerated in this class. For the first offense you will receive no credit for that particular assignment and your parent/guardian will be notified. Anything beyond one offense you will receive a discipline referral and will be sent to your assistant principal.
- No food is allowed in the class. Students may have a drink, but if this becomes a problem, the privilege will be lost.
- You are expected to work hard and to your best every day!
- Remember calculators and computers must be in class every day, working/charged/batteries etc…
- Cell Phones will NOT be used inside the classroom – this means I do not want to see them or hear them!
More policies and expectation for remote/hybrid learning
- Be present and engaged in all virtual lessons. Make sure your computer is charged and ready EVERYDAY! Arrive on time when you’re remote to the live stream.
- Find a quiet place at home to do the live stream. Make sure your camera is on and mic is off. If I call on you during class, turn mic on to answer.
- Daily homework needs to be upload to the classroom assignment page with correct date before class begins on remote days only!
- I will allow for comments on google classroom. I want them to be available to everyone because questions and comments can benefit everyone in class, but the privilege will be lost if it is misused.
- Learning at home on the computer is an extension of the classroom. Therefore, all rules and expectations still apply. Incidents involving misbehavior and disrespect will be handled with disciplinary action in the same way that is would be in school.
- Keep in mind location of your remote learning and clothing attire it needs to be appropriate and in line with school policy.
- Questions are always welcomed in class, via by hand or online with written comments.
- If you have a question outside of the classroom, you can use google classroom to send a question or on email. I will check my email from 7:30 am until 6pm on Monday through Friday.
- Attend google meets when I have them and ask questions. It is a good way for the class to talk and share ideas when we can’t be in school.
- Daily homework will be given just about every night and is graded based on completion.
- With the HYBRID model, you are expected to upload homework before class begins if you are remote that day for credit. Others who are presented in class will have it check by me at the beginning of the period.
- You will receive 50 points every 5-week period for completed daily homework (again based on completion and effort). If you are missing assignments, it will be a percentage of that 50 points.
- If you are absent, work must be upload on google classroom before class begins the day of your absence.
- No late work will be accepted!
- All graded homework is expected to be completed and turned in on time. Late assignments will be worth at most 50%.
- If you have an excused absence, you have 1 day to make up your work. It is your responsibility to check your folder for missed work and get the notes on google classroom; then ask me if you have questions on the new material within a day. Also, anything due on the day of your absence is due the day you return.
- If you know in advance you will be absent from class, you will need to come to speak to me to find out what you will need to make up. These assignments are due the next time I see you.
- Daily quizzes are 10-points. Given periodically throughout chapter
- A quiz given during a class period is 50 points and will be completed solely in class.
- Again if you have an excused absence, you have only 1 day to make up your quiz!
- Tests will be given at the end of the unit.
- Within some units there will be a review sheet at the end of the unit to help study and prepare for the test. Some units will not have any review sheet.
- Tests will be 100 pts and will have cumulative material on them.
- Again if you have an excused absence, you have only 2 days to make up your test!
Graded Assignments 20%
Daily Homework 10%
Parents can check all grades on parent portal, grades are updated weekly. This program helps everyone become more informed. It creates a constant connection between the teacher, student, and parent that helps everyone involved! Also google classroom can be accessed by parents, more info forthcoming.
Final Course Grade will consist of:
Quarter 1: 20%
Quarter 2: 20%
Quarter 3: 20%
Quarter 4: 20%
Common Core Regents Exam: 20%
A midterm will be given in January that will count as 200 points on the second quarter.
Office hours on Wednesday ________________
Google meets after-school when school schedules get ironed out.
Have Your Parent Sign and Hand In No Later Than:
Friday, September 18th, 2020
Algebra II with Mrs. Yuhnke
I have read and understand the guidelines in this Algebra II Syllabus.
Student’s Printed Name: ______________________
Student’s Signature: _________________________
Parent/Guardian’s Printed Name: ________________________
Parent/Guardian’s Signature: ___________________________
Home Phone Number: _____________________
Cell Phone Number: _____________________
(Please put a “*” next to the best number to get a hold of you.)
Parent Email Address: __________________________________
Calculator number __________________________________