Welcome to the East Aurora High School Library Media Center!
The Library Media Center is open from 8:35 (activity period) - 2:50 p.m.
Students in Early Period may come in with their teacher's permission.
Please plan accordingly!
Library Media Center Code of Conduct and Procedures
for managing your effect on others.
for managing your own actions.
for managing your own emotions.
for managing your own boredom without involving other students.
for managing your time effectively.
of the needs of others.
of the time of others.
of the talents, beliefs, and differences of others.
of the property of others.
of the atmosphere conducive to study.
by working independently.
by doing school work.
by helping without disturbing others.
by working towards your future goals.
- The library media center is a place where you may come to work quietly. It is not meant as a place to socialize. Please keep in mind that you need to modify your behavior if you are not being respectful, responsible, or productive.
You may contact Ms. Finlayson, the Library Media Specialist,
Sign in to Library or Computer Lab BEFORE going to Study Hall. Come directly here. You will be given one numbered ticket. Sign on the line under Library or Computer Lab and on the corresponding number.
Blue ticket=Computer Lab (bring your password)
If you accept a ticket for the lab, you must have computer work to do. If you are not using a computer, you should be in study hall!
- You will need a passbook and LMC hall pass to leave the LMC to go to the locker or lav. Carry it with you at all times. Show your passbook to a staff member before leaving. Sign out on the GREEN sheet. When it is your turn to go, take the library pass with you. You may not sign out if there are less than five minutes in the period.
- Students coming to the LMC from Commons or class will need to show their signed passbook and hall pass. Sign in on the ORANGE sheet completely (except time OUT). You may sign out to return to Commons or class on the OUT line of the sheet when you leave. If Commons students want to stay the whole period, sign in on the ORANGE sheet before the bell rings. Commons students may not return with less than five minutes in the period. You will not be released until the end of the period.
- Please get a pass from a teacher to come to the LMC or lab during class time or to go see a teacher during your study hall (this must be done BEFORE coming to the LMC).
- Backpacks and large bags/purses are not allowed at the tables. Please leave them in the designated area to the right of the entrance when you come in to the LMC.
- Only four students may occupy a table during study hall. You must whisper!
- You may listen to your mp3 player in the library during study hall. (No cell phones. They will be confiscated.) If you are causing a disruption because of your device, you will be asked to cease using your device and it may be confiscated.
- There is no eating or drinking in the LMC. Please do not bring food or drink, including water, into either the lab or the library proper.
- Fiction, non-fiction, and audiobooks circulate for 2 weeks. Magazines and videos circulate overnight. Some reference books circulate overnight: Please check with Ms. Finlayson as to availability. Please return materials on time or bring them in to renew.You will receive notices in your homeroom packet reminding you of overdue materials. By the third notice, your parents will receive a phone call and the matter will be turned over to Mr. Roberts if the materials are not returned or renewed.
- Copies cost $0.15 each.
- Library Staff:
Ms. Finlayson = Library Media Specialist
Mrs. Phillips = Library Clerk
Mr. Campoli = Library/Computer Room Aide
at email@example.com or call 687-2501.
There are many links on this website. None of the links are known to have any inappropriate content. However, we all know things on the internet can change quickly. EAUFSD is not responsible for content on external sites. Please be sure to supervise your child's use of this website and the internet.