Project ConsiderationsBackground Information
Style of Presentation
- Are there primary source documents that legitimize historical facts about your city?
- Discover the rich history. Research earliest settlers and generations thereafter.How did they have an impact on your city?
- Are there poems or novels written about your city? Has your city been celebrated in song? Does it appear in history books?
- physical and social landscapes
- walking tour
- news report
- past, present, and future
- topographical features, animals, famous people
- interview/ talk show
- GPS enhanced Google Earth Trip (.kmz file)
- Where in the world is...(scavenger hunt)
- "Buffalo" A to Z
- Take on the role of a local resident in a foreign city and live out
their life for a day plotting paths on GoogleEarth and writing a diary
- Use multimedia images to identify, compare and contrast similarities
and differences between two cities from around the world
Resources provided below to assist students in finding project assets.
Resources below are FREE.
Buzztracker (World News mapped)
WatchKnow videos for kids to learn from!