Spotlight on Engineering Resources
Various books are available in the library.
- Go to the EAHS Library Online Catalog using the menu to the left.
- See Resource Lists, Public Lists, and select Engineering Careers.
Online Subscription Databases
Use the menu to the left to access list of databases.
Chronicle Career Library
- Sign in to the web site using the password listed in the 2011-12 Password list. (Sign in to library web site and a new link for database passwords appears to the left. Open the PDF document .)
- Click on Alphabetical List of Occupations.
- Choose E. Scroll down to see choices for Engineers. When you select an occupation, you will be directed to a link which contains that occupation and related occupations.
Cite this way:
Title of the Brief: Brief Number. Chronicle Career Library of Occupational
Briefs. Chronicle Guidance Publications, Year of publication. Web. Date of Access.
Pay special attention to the Occupational Outlook Handbook and the Occupational Profiles.
These sites are government sites. Use that when siting info from these pages.
NYS Web site to help determine career path. Click on View All Careers and scroll for specific career or type in specific career.
This is the link to the student page. Though addressing college-level and graduate-level students, there are some good resources here. Pay special attention to the Memo from the CEO, which indicates crucial skills you'll need.
Use this link to locate 2-3 schools you'd like to know more about. Then, visit their sites to learn about the kinds of classes they offer, etc.
Use this site to search for one or two associations that have to do with a specific branch of engineering you are interested in or general organizations. Visit their web sites.
Sign up for industry newsletters right in your email. You can get the latest reports from fields that interest you.