EAPTO/ELEM Public Meeting
Minutes from February 28, 2012
BOARD PRESENT: Lori Gervasi, Dana Foster, Terri Ohlweiler, Lynn Kittson, Colleen Klimchuk
GUESTS PRESENT: Jessica Armburst, Mary Beth Giallanza
LOCATION: Parkdale Library
TIME: 6:30 PM
- Valentine's Sale
- 640 candies sold for $814.59 profit
- Somes concerns about students feeling left-out
- Generally well received
- Plan to repeat next year
- Literacy Night
- Another fun night!
- Budget of $816.53
- Next year use Reading Lounge for Book Swap?
- Spring Fundraiser
- Lori contacted PTO at Ellicot Street School
- Walk-a-thon Ideas
- 3 laps with something fun after each lap (balloon arch)
- Turn it into a Physical Education activity
- Hold event during the school day (No time in schedule during the Spring)
- Gift for class/child that raises the most money
- Charge a flat fee - Profits might range from $12,000 - $17,000
- Sell t-shirts and water bottles during the event
- Spirit Week
- Combine Science & Nature Day at Knox with Walk-a-thon?
- Send-Off to Summer
- Chairperson needed
- Bounce House
- Sell pizza at $1 per slice
- Pasta Sales for Fall Fundraiser?
- Terri found a company that sells a variety of different shapes
- Made in America Candy Bars
- Not enough of a profit
- Conflicts with Valentine's sale?
- Labels for Education - Should we consider this?
- Most schools choose either Labels or Box Tops
- Box Tops bring in $30 - $200 per class
- Fall Festival vs. Ice Cream Social for Fall 2012?
- Decorating scarecrows
- Hay Rides
- Pumpkin Decorating
- Leaf Rubbing
- Apple Tasting
- Costume Swap
- Buffalo Ski Club Memberships Raised $2,700
- Valentine's Day Sales & Spirit Gear raised enough money to take the place of the Spring Fling
- There may not be a need to run another fundraiser until Fall 2012?
- 2 Smart Boards installed, 2 more matched by District
- Local Online provider of school supplies with Parkdale lists
- % of profits donated back to PTO
- Set up sample packages at next event
NEXT GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday, March 20th in the Parkdale Cafeteria at 9:15 AM.